skimmer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I came across this...does it sound ok for my tank (55g) they want 90bucks for it...

Seaclone 100 skimmer,, excellent condition.. Good for up to 100g.. I was ussing it in a 29gal.. and decided to upgrade.. Skimmer is only missing the pre-filter sponge.

If they used it in a 29 is that going to be to little for my tank even though it says up to 100g???

cmar

AC Members
May 18, 2007
i'd keep looking. they're only about $110 new, so it's not a great deal. and, the seaclone is not a very good skimmer. i have one for my 55 gal, and it's nothing but frustrating. far better off to save up and buy a good one, or find one on e-bay or craigs list.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I agree with cmar.. Seaclones from what I have read are not that good of a skimmer.

Solastsummer

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
you can get those for like 80 online, from everyone i talk to, avoid it. I would look around for a aquaC remora, you couild probably get one for the same price on ebay

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, thanks guys...no deal!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Another vote for the 'AquaC Remora' here.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
LadyG with your size tank honestly you should probably look at the Octopus/ASM line. I don't know if they build a remora for your size tank as i typically see people using them in the 40 gallon range and it isn't a line I looked at. However since you are building a sump I'd make that a priority along with the skimmer and then you don't have to get a HOB and have all that stuff in/behind your DT tank you can put as much as you can in the sump. Right now I think I have to much in mine with the power heads, returns, overflow and now a float sensor so the tank won't overflow. (I'm getting ready for some extended stays out of town and have added an ATO and backup float in the tank to prevent issues)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store