Best place to buy marine fish online?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.

psariandras

AC Members
May 18, 2007
I am trying to find out the same info, I noticed that saltwaterfish.com often has free shipping on some fish, but liveaquaria is like $30 for shipping(if I understood the shipping correctly). It would be crappy to have to pay that much for shipping.

I want to find a good place online so I don't have to go to the LFS.

Dustin83

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Orange County, CA
I bought from marinedepotlive.

They made a mistake and sent more fish than I ordered.. which I can't complain about! Now I just don't know what to do with the extra fish.

But more importantly, the anthias I bought arrived very fat and eating well. This was my first purchase online and I was very impressed. They exceeded my expectation. Of cousre, this was meant to be a one time try and I would not have settled for less.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I am trying to find out the same info, I noticed that saltwaterfish.com often has free shipping on some fish, but liveaquaria is like $30 for shipping(if I understood the shipping correctly). It would be crappy to have to pay that much for shipping.

I want to find a good place online so I don't have to go to the LFS.
it's not free shipping. there's a $10 processing fee then a $10 fuel charge. Might as well consider it about $20 in shipping fees.

blinxxpunk182

I LOVE MY AQUARIUM :)
Nov 9, 2007
Rhode Island
i dont trust fish sites. many sites dont guarantee live delivery and the fish wont always come to your door being the greatest of colors or on the best shape. your better off going to your LFS and asking them if theres anyway they can get one for you. its better than ordering off the internet plus they dont charge you shipping :)

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I like to support my LFS as well, but trust me, you pay for shipping in anything you buy locally.
I support my LFS as well, but when we're talking about a massive price difference with little to no guarantee on a fish from the LFS and a 14-15 guarantee on one of the places I go, I generally go for the price and warranty.

That being said, i spent $129.99 on a Lunare Wrasse last friday from my LFS. It was from the red sea so was more blue than regular green. Absolutely a beautiful fish. Either site I woudl shop from online had them for less than $50. So, if it had been a regulare Lunare Wrasse at my LFS being sold for $100 more than some websites, I'd have to claim absolute stupidity on my part.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store