90 gallon reef setup, progress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Here are a few pictures from my tank setup.

Thanks to some very great help from many members on this site, I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track.

Here's the tank. Tank's an all glass custom size. Initially I wanted to go with a 24" cube, but then decided on this, since there wasn't a price difference between the two .

Tank size is 36w X 24d X 24h. gives me about 90 g. I went with this size cause I like the added height and depth the tank has.

Sand I used has a grain of .5 - 1.5

The sump/fuge is a 37 gallons, 24w x 20d x 18h.
center area will be used as a fuge, I put about 7" of sand.

Thats as far as I've gotten so far . The hood is almost ready, RO unit should be coming in this week. I'll update as the build progresses.

By the way, I personally annoyed "reefscape" on every step in this build, with multiple questions. Thanks dude!! lol...

Last edited:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Looks absolutly superb so far Cheech...The stand looks lovely, very well made indeed...Yeah, you annoyed the crap outta me ;) , but, you know i'd do it all again for you mate...

You've put a lot of effort into planning this system from the start and i just know it will turn into a stunning reef system...Keep up the dedication, its paying off....

Last edited:

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
LOOOOVE the custom tank cheech- the rimless look is sweeeeeet!

What a fun project for you. Looking forward to the updates!:)

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Looks awesome, I too like the stand.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Thanks guys. :)

Wonderful job. Pays to think it through huh?

man, does it ever !! Best advice I can give anyone, think it through.. once you've figured it all out, think it through again, then, discuss it, iron out any flaws, and only then, start buying!!

Thanks, Grins. :)

hood is all poainted, being assembled tomorrow. Let's see how that goes!

Kenzy

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Beautiful looking tank and stand! What are you planning for lights and skimmer?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store