In-line heaters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
After reading a thread by stormomi about heaters it got me thinking that i should replace mine soon. At the moment i have two glass 300w heaters and a tank of growing cichilds. I have read about large cichilds attacking heaters in their tanks and figure it is only a matter of time before i have a broken heater in my tank.
A while ago when i was browsing fish web sites i came across these www.championlighting.com/product.php?productid=28136&cat=0&page=1
I posted on a different thread but have decided to start another thread hoping to get a better advice about these heaters as i am thinking of replacing my heaters for them.
I have read that most people here use stealth heaters but i haven't read about people using in-line heaters before. I would like to get some feedback from people who have used these heaters before if possible but any feedback is good.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I've never used one, but if you've already got a canister or pump to power it, I would say go for it. I tend to use sumps for my larger tanks so I put the heaters there.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
There are quite a few people over on simplydiscus that use them in their discus tanks and love them. Nice to get another piece of equipment out of the tank as well!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
That's the exact same heater I am using, Hydor ETH 300W. I have two. One on my 75G coming off my Eheim 2028 filter. The other is on my 220G coming off my Eheim 2260 filter. I absolutely love them. No clutter in tank or danger of fish breaking them.

Check around to compare prices though. I've had mine about 3 years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store