test kit $$$

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Marxman187

AC Members
Feb 13, 2008
ok i went to the lfs today to look at test kits and they want almost 60$ for all the a/ni/na i wish i could but i can not afford them right now.a couple days ago i had them test some water for me and they said it was healthy but my fish have still been having problems and seem to be a little happier every time i do a wc.when they tested my water they only used one of the color test strips they wouldnt do a free liquid drop test.just another thing to add is the i happened to smell the bucket i use for wc and even after rinsing it it was so strong with something it made my nose burn. coulod this be amonia? what i mainlyu want to know is if my levels where high could io get away with doing a 50% water change every other day or so to lower it?or what do you recoomend to someone who is curently unemployed and can not afford a kit?

SanguineApple

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Queens, NY
Whoops. Scolded.

Okay, if your nose is burning it does sound like ammonia. You do really need the test kit, but if you really can't afford it right now then water changes are your best bet. Do you have water conditioner?

Marxman187

AC Members
Feb 13, 2008
well youll have to excuse my ignorance on certain fish subject im kinda new at all this but im doing my best to give these fish a good life so hard im stressing my self out to the point im about to have a heart attack.im using aquasafe drops for nuetralizing chlorine is that what you meant?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
is the bucket you use for water changes dedicated only for water changes?

any smell you have as a result of the water in the tank will smell the same in the tank.(you should be able to smell it when you open up the tank for maintenance)

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
I would recommend you use Prime or Stress Coat personally. And save for that test kit, they are $30 at PetSmart with a price match.

How old is this tank? As in, how long has it been set up? How long have fish been in it? Did you cycle the tank before you added fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store