New Half Moon Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hungriee

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008
NYC
So excited just recently bought a half moon betta from Wins Trop in NYC which came free with worms; which the betta finished two days ago. (what a pig) I picked up a small bottle of Wardley Betta small pellet food (Petco lady says the betta will eat this ) and he wouldn't eat it. Its been two days and I bet he is starving. Some of his fins are becoming transparent.:headshake2: I'm not sure what kind of live food he ate ( look like skinny worms ) but can't find them any more. How much longer can he hold on before starving? & can anyone recommend me good source of betta food?

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Freeze-dried bloodworms have been greedily devoured by any Betta I or my wife has ever owned.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Yep, my male loves the froz. bloodworms. Course the oink eats just about everything else, too !! Good luck !

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
Some bettas are very finicky, and mine wouldn't eat anything I gave him at first, so I just kept putting some flakes in for him everyday and eventually he realized he needed to eat them. Now he will only eat flakes, and ignores any bloodworms and tubifex I try to give him.

FishApprentice

AC Members
Feb 27, 2008
I wouldn't worry about him starving... most fish can go a week easy, and don't let that bettas puppy eyes tell you otherwise... they could and would eat themselves to death if they had the opportunity! Better they be hungry then bloated and having problems swimming.

Also about your fins becoming transparent... make sure Ammonia levels are at 0... else your bettas beautiful fins will suffer!

Edit: I also want to see a picture ! :D

Last edited:

barnsaw

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Windsor ON
My betta gets : Tetra flake, brine shrimp, occasioanl beefheart and Wardley mini ciclid pellets which he seems to love the best. And he doesn't come up and nibble, he attacks all his food with some attitude. No wonder he can't have any tank mates at all.

TMDragon

AC Members
Feb 24, 2008
Southern California
My betta loves flakes and these little Hikari Betta Pellets. Basically anything Hikari makes gets inhaled by my fish :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store