What tangs can I keep in a 90G?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
What tangs can I keep in a 90G? Any smaller ones where I can keep 2?

Any info would be great. Experiences, personality of the fish, anything would be helpful. Thanks

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
To a Tang, a 90 is not much bigger than a 75 or a 55 as they are only 4' long. The best Tang I ever kept in my 75 was a Tomini Tang. Unless you want to swap out when the grow, there aren't many at all that would be happy in a 4' once full grown. Maybe a Kole or Scopas?

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
I what to keep one tang.

Could I keep one of these?

yellow tang

Sailfin Tang - Desjardinii

Powder Brown Tang

Orange Shoulder Tang

or a Blue Hippo Tang? Just one, but there probably a bit to large for my tank...what do you guys think?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Those are not the best suited for your size of a tank. They will do ok in a tank that size, but then again, people can live in prison cells and closets for a long time, as well. If you absolutely must have a tang, I suggest Ctenochaetus species of tangs, since they are the smallest in the family, in general. The aforementioned tomini tang is one such fish, though they are a bit more difficult than other species.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The only tang on your list that "MAY" do well in your tank is the yellow. Like Schigara said your 90 is just a tall 55gal. All the other tangs would need a least a 100gal which is much wider.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store