goldfish has a strange bump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lousybreed

Aquaria Central Site Controller
Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
One of my orandas has what appears to be a small bump on its body near its tail. It almost lookes like a pimple except it isnt discolored. It is raised about 1 mm and it is about 1 mm across also. I am worried because about 5 years ago a goldfish had a weird looking bump that grew and it turned into those **** anchor worms!

The one now hasent really grown that much. It seems kinda dormant. Any suggestions?

lousybreed

Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
I tested the water for NH3, NO2 and NO3 and all came up zero. I am not good enough with a camera to let alone take a pic of a fish so my pic of a 1 mm bump wont do much good.

lousybreed

Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
alright dudes.. here are the pics

hopefully these pics will help in diagnosis. If you look at the tail, there are two rows of scales that are shimmering in the sunlight. The lumps is right around that area by his fins! The other pic really shows the lump. after the pics were taken I ran my fingernail across the lump and it came off! It was almost like jelly or something!

119.JPG 120.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store