Question about new Top Fin stand setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alli13zeal

AC Members
Sep 27, 2007
MPLS, MN
So I went and bought an aquarium stand for a 20 gallon long(It was supposed to be for the 15 gallon, but since I have to empty and move the 15 gallon anyway, I figured I might as well just get a bigger tank and use the 15 for a qt :grinyes:). It's a Top Fin stand like this one except black. Anyone I'm assembling it myself, following the directions exactly (hopefully), but I'm just nervous that I am going to forget something or make a dumb mistake and it will collapse a day after I get the 20G on it. Soooo any suggestions or advice to help relieve me of my paranoia? I'm going to check that it's level, but what do I do if it's not? Thanks.. I know this is kind of newbie stuff!

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I wouldn't worry about it. I have the 55-75 gallon version and it went together perfectly. I only had one mishap, installed a panel backwards, but corrected it before I went forward too much. So, my advice, just double check what you are doing before continuing on to the next step. Also, make sure that when you are putting in the screws that they don't go too far and puncture the other side, I see this a lot on these types of assemblies. The doors may need adjustment after install to get them to close correctly or align straight, but they give you plenty of room on the brackets for adjustments.

Post some pics when you are done!

alli13zeal

AC Members
Sep 27, 2007
MPLS, MN
Hmmm.. the center brace (runs lengthwise underneath the stand) is like 2 millimeters too tall so that the stand rests mostly on that instead of the edges and makes the stand rock slightly. Does anyone know if that brace needs to be in contact with the floor or can I put shims along the edges of the stand to lift it up just a little so that it doesn't rock?

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
We have that stand for our 29, whenever i assemble wood furniture
i use glue on all the surfaces that touch, it turned out to be a very sturdy stand.......:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store