240 pic update. 100 pic update after the fall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
The first 5 pics are of the 100gal reef after the disaster that took two tangs. I've decided to let it get back to normal with water changes and proper water parameters. It will be primarily an sps tank when it's ready. I've removed a lot of the live rock to allow for more flow. I've replaced my mag 9.5 with a mag 18 (added another 600gph overflow along with the 1200gph)and added two more maxi jets on a wave timer. I've added a carbon reactor and plan on a phosphate reactor. Still dripping kalk and saving up for a calcium reactor. I'm testing like a chemist trying to get things back to normal. Pretty close: Alk 8dkh, Ca 390, Mg 1040(I know, way too low) PH 8.2. I've removed most of the lps and softies and transferred them to the 240. Everything in it is alive, but the colors look drab. Looks like a wasteland, eh?

Here's the 240 acrylic as of today. I sure hate scraping this thing:mad2:

Thanks for looking,
Tom

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Both tanks still look stunning, as always. :)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Wow you went through and did a ton of mainenance on that tank. Scraped the back wall, took out the substrate.. Looks completely different even with a lot of the rock missing.

It really does look awesome though tom. Keep the faith my brother..

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Sorry for the confusion...

I didn't think this thread out very well. The way it's set up, it seems like it's a before and after.

Actually the first five pictures are of the 100gal tank as it looks today after all the slime algae died off and the lps/softies/zoas were removed. All that remains are sps and a couple of anemones.

The second set of five pictures are of the 240 gallon after I transferred the corals.

Again, sorry for the sloppy layout, but thank you for all of the replies. I always appreciate them.

Tom

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Nice powder brown!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
you're doing a barebottom for a softie/PLS tank and a crushed coral bottom for sps???
That's a new one :p
I'd suggest switching them if that were at all possible :)
looking good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store