A new wrasse!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rooter

Tommy Root
Dec 28, 2007
Ontario
i would like to add a wrasse to my display and im not sure on what i would like. my lfs has a carpenters flasher wrasse and it a small juvinile. but they also have another great wrasse, the six line. i live both of these species and im stuck on a decision. is it possoble to add both of these wrasses at the same time? can i have two wrasses in a 90g? so far the population includes:

2 occelaris
10 blue leg hermits
10 nassarius snails
18 turbo snails
2 cleaner shrimp

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I think you have a much better chance with the carpenters being a peaceful tankmate vs the six-line. It is possible to have both, but there is a chance of fighting.

rooter

Tommy Root
Dec 28, 2007
Ontario
will it bew ok due to the great difference in colour?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Well, I have a Yellow Coris wrasse and a Flasher wrasse and they both get along. That is about as opposite in color as there is. The six-line is known to have a temper though.. that's why I say there is a chance of fighting.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I added a sixline wrasse to my tank last. He went crazy for my cleaner wrasse, kept hunting him down like a heat seeking missile. He also went for my Chromis, my yellow tang, my algae blenny and my mandarins. Needless to say i won't be getting another and due to this experience would never recommend them!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
I got a 6 line wrasse that was less than an inch in size when I purchased him. At first the chromis in my tank gave him heck, but he had plenty of hiding places. Now he's bigger and seems to get along well with everyone, even though he is now closer to their size. He's never bothered my false clowns, my red firefish, or my Mandarin Dragonet. In fact, he's usually occupied with swimming amid the live rock. Since he's displayed such a calm attitude and we got him small, do you think he would handle a flasher wrasse any better? I love my 6 line, but my husband is really interested in the flasher wrasse so we've come to the same question.

We also have a 90g SW and are looking to add some more color to our thriving community. But if there's a chance it will disrupt the peace, even with our 6-line's mellow attitude, I really am afraid to risk it!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i have a new 6-line wrasse i just added a couple days ago..he dosn't bother anybody..but my coral beauty angel and my royal dottyback keeps picking on the wrasse..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store