Clown Aclimatin with anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
I bought one week ago a Sea Anemone white with purple head on tentacles and i have 2 Clowns. No one want to go in it. Don't know why. Any idea?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Do you know exactly what type of anemone? What type of Clowns? Sounds like it may be a condy, in which, the chances of clowns hosting in them are not favorable. It can happen, and can take months sometimes, but it is not a certainty.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
There is no guarantee that any clown will use any anemone as a host. Clowns can live without them, and if they're tank bred clowns then there's every chance they haven't even seen an anemone before:)

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
Tis is the type of anemone and clown fish that i have. Exactly like this. The picture is not from my tank.

GrAYzPCr.jpg

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Looks like an Ocellaris Clownfish and a Sebae anemone. I still say just give it more time.. after a month or so and it still hasn't happen then start to consider it may never.. but it's still way to early to say one way or another.

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've also heard it can take months, almost a year. And they are right, sometimes never, and the clown you have was probably tank raised, I know mine was.

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
clarkii are the only tank raised clowns that will go straight for an anemone or thats what i've always been told i got one and it hosted my condy and ditched it's old one right away

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
Thanks all for suggestions. I'll wait.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store