Ok for the sump now

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Well, this guy is not telling me crap when I ask how I need to get the glass cut..what sizes and stuff like that he just keeps saying well it depends on what you want to do......WELL I JUST WANT TO GET IT MADE!!!

So I thought I'd come back to you guys for help...I am just going to do it my self and get it over with.....

Anyway the dimensions of the tank I have to make it with are..

36L x 12.5W x 16.5H

Now I need suggestions as to what to do, how to do it and what size I need to get of glass...also when it come to the "baffles" do they cut them for me at the glass place or is that something I have to do...if I have to, how do I do it.

Please guys I really just want to get this done, and I need simple please try and remember who is making this here...I have the skimmer ordered and it should be here in about a week it will be going in the sump. This is the skimmer I am getting, if you need to know that...
http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/c...opus-Recirc-Needlewheel-110/product_info.html

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Well teh first thing you need to figure out is how you want to design it. I did mine in a common 3-compartment setup. The drain splits and goes into each end compartment, and they flow into the middle where the return pump is. I did this so I could regulate teh flow through the fuge independently. So, it goes skimmer---->return pump<-----fuge. I'm son going to be changing it though, to a smaller return pump and a single drain design, one end to the other, so skimmer---->fuge---->return pump, just to make it simpler.

Once you figure out what you want it to look like, then you can take some measurements and get glass cut. I have 4 pieces of glass in mine, I think the total cost including getting it cut was less than $20, I just got it done at a local hardware store. I'll try to post some pictures of mine when I get home.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Sploke to be honest I have know idea...I just want it to work the way it is suppose to and however is the easiest, most common way whatever:)

I just kinda hoped there was a common way and that would be the way I did it.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I think that was being used for dosing kalkwasser...don't worry about it.

Do you know what return pump you're planning on using?

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Lady, will you be adding an insump skimmer??? (My sump hardly has any space for an insump model... if you wanna go that route, we'll make sure you have enough space for it)...
Yes, Cheech it will be a in sump skimmer.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
In case you need this here are the spec's according to the site I am getting the sump from..
Body Width: 4.29 inches
Height: 23.4 inches
Footprint: 6 inches x 11 inches
Included Pump: Octopus Turbine 1000 (draw only 18 watts)

Not sure if this matters or not but I am also getting a RIO 800 for the feed pump

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store