distribution of fish in wild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
are angels, blue acaras, and severums (the ones seen in pet stores) found together in the wild, and where are jack dempseys found?
the first three are all South American, though maybe not all in the same rivers and systems. they could be part of a general South American biotope set up, though I'm not sure as far as compatibility is concerned. JD's are central american.

1 fish 2 fish

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
well I was planning on an angel or two, the sev or two and the acara or two in a 75 gal. with some type of schooling fish, a plec maybe some cories. The jd was part of another scenario I was considering for the tank, although what krytan, suggested is intriguing. Although I would have thought a more aggresive cichlid would be necessary. If possible, I would like to not mix lakes/rivers, unless that limits my options too much. Where could I find a list of which cichlids live in the amazon or other lakes or rivers? sorry for the book.

rmcder

AC Members
Jul 18, 2005
well I was planning on an angel or two, the sev or two and the acara or two in a 75 gal. with some type of schooling fish, a plec maybe some cories. The jd was part of another scenario I was considering for the tank, although what krytan, suggested is intriguing. Although I would have thought a more aggresive cichlid would be necessary. If possible, I would like to not mix lakes/rivers, unless that limits my options too much. Where could I find a list of which cichlids live in the amazon or other lakes or rivers? sorry for the book.
When that combination grows out, they won't have much room to swim around (with the doubles of sevs, angels, and acara)! Plus you might end up with pairs which would make things even more problematic. Now a sev, angel, and acara work sizewise, but you'd have to get a little lucky with temperments, I think. I may be wrong, but I'm always concerned about angels' ability to stand up to the possible abuse that other cichlids can dish out. Maybe they're tougher than they look?

On balance, I'd say that it has a shot of working with singles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store