What do you do for work?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
I was just wondering what some of the people that have these tanks that are pack floor to air with corals and fish do for a living to support this hobby? It looks like some of these tanks could be in the 10s of thousands of dollars. My self, I'm a carpenter. If you don't mind saying please post what you do for a living. I guess it's just to see how the tanks match the jobs of the owners.

Please post a FTS if you could.

Live Rock and Live sand 042.jpg Live Rock and Live sand 008.jpg

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
I work for the state (Iowa) at a mental health facility (yes i am one of those guys in the white suits) i am also a voulnteer fire fighter and an aspiring MMA fighter

my cheapy tank

Last edited:

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Cool Thanks for the post!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I am a Fiber Optic Technician and work for an Infrastructure Cabling firm. We install everything from Security Systems to wiring for large call centers, corporate offices (my biggest job was 2000 Cat5e cables). I primarily play with Fiber optic though, fusion splicing, end terminations, certification. However I do fall back to copper installations and handle most of the large copper installs for the company. I also do the more complicated service calls that deal with installing/programming routers, switches etc.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Wow that explains allot Clown.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Its one of the few jobs I've ever had that I don't hate going into work in the morning. Its never the same and I'm changing places quite often.. Except when I get the really big jobs. We are a small company, only about 20 employees. One of my newest projects is connecting Wind Mill Power farms into a detection and monitoring grid via fiber. So I go out of town and work on that every couple of weeks when they get the new towers up and close to running.

Its the fall/winter months so we are slower but I work in everything from new construction to existing buildings.. Pretty much the whole gamut. I definitely don't get bored. ;)

BTW I hope that "That explains a lot" was a "good" statement.. LOL ;)

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Yeah I work for myself and I do allot of high end custom cabinet and mill work installation. Very high end homes. I like the fact that I go to different places all the time and the people that also work on the jobs are the best in the area. So I learn allot just from being around it. I think I have some pictures of some of the stuff I do around here some where. I'll post something if I can find them.

Thorn House page 1.jpg Thorn Smoking room page 2.jpg 106-0632_IMG.JPG

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Dude, you are doing the cabinet work in my home ... after I win the Lotto. :)

I'm a freelance writer. That's right, I make darned little money, which is why I spend it all on fish. :silly: :headbang2:

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Would you guys have any pics of your setups?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store