? About Bottom Feeders For Leftover and fruits/vegetables

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

deannacain

AC Members
Mar 6, 2008
:help:
I have a 44 gal. fresh water tank with 2 Angel fish, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Plecostomus, 4 Red Barbs, and 6 Tiger Barbs. I know I shouldnt over feed but I havent figured out the right amount yet. So I have food leftover on the bottom and need a bottom feeder or something. Does anyone know of any that can go with the fish I already have? There is also a lot of algae so an idea for that would be helpful as well. I was also wondering what kind of fresh fruit and/or vegetables can I put in there? Hope someone can help!
Thank you!
De

deannacain

AC Members
Mar 6, 2008
Your plecos and clown loaches are bottom dwellers and should feed at the bottom.

You would think they would but they dont. the plecos stay on the rocks and glass, and the clown loaches eat the fresh flakes.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I have plecos and loaches myself and both groups eat at the bottom quite enthusiastically anything else I put there.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i don't think you should add any more fish to that tank. until you can learn to feed the right amount, either use a net or a gravel vaccuum to remove uneaten food within a couple hours.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
You already have bottom feeders. If you are talking cleaning the bottom, no fish will eat the waste, that is for gravel vacs.

Any cuke or squash would be appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend keeping tiger barbs with angels.

And the clowns need to be in a larger group, and even though slow growing need a much larger tank. They also appreciate high flow/current, something angels do not like.

dreadboy113

AC Members
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich. UK
There is a superb sticky on feeding plecs. Look at the top of this section. My plecs love zucchini, sweet potato, cucumber, raw prawns and mussels( odd i know but they love it ), pumpkin and squash, mango and lettuce. Give them a variety. Also bogwood or driftwood and plec wafers.

deannacain

AC Members
Mar 6, 2008
ok i cleaned my tank started all over got different rocks and moved some things around. my fish are much happier now there are alot more active and Ive got the feeding amounts down i think. i put some zucchini in there but they haven't really paid much attention to it yet. the tiger barbs and the angels dint mind each other. petsmart was the one who said they should be ok together. the tank and the fish were given to me by a friend and they did ok with him too. so thank you all for your input it was helpful.

Radar

Thought is free.
May 26, 2007
Kentucky
It normally takes a few times putting some zucchini or squash in before they realize it is food.If they are not eating it take it out after a few hours.I do not feed mine untill lights out at night and the next morning there is usually nothing to remove, they eat it all. Normally Tiger barbs are bad for fin nipping and will almost drive Angels nuts,but maybe you got some that are well behaved, although I have never ran into that. They are pretty and spunky but it is one fish I will not keep.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store