"decorators of the deep"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crabby bucket

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008

For those of you who are lacking a little bit of excitement in your underwater viewing or have never seen one of these before, I caught a photo of our decorator crab (he's under the green canopy). He always keeps us in hysterics changing his garb. You never know, maybe green star polyps this week, some zenia next week........ He seems happiest in our quarantine tank where we put all our fragments that fell off in our bigger tank. With him, he just likes wearing them. Their docile little fellows that don't like other aggressive crabs. He's got some shrimp, a small percula, a pair of small gobies, some snails, and stars for company. They're easy to feed, just a dab of krill or silver sides with a feeding stick. Wonder what he'll look like when we lose some stag horn.

100_2382.JPG

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I think these are an amazing crab, and it really surprises that not many people have them in their systems...The antics they get up too are really funny, and the amuzement value from them is great....

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I miss my Decorator Crab. He was by far my favorite. They don't carry them locally accept just by chance on occasion.

Thats exactly what its like here in the Uk...In fact, in all the marine shops i visit here where i live, i have never seen one for sale....

crabby bucket

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
decorators contd......

I think we ordered our decorator crab from saltwaterfish.com. We don't make it a habit of ordering too much online, but usually the cleaner crews hold up pretty well for shipping, and the fed ex guy is always amused how we rush the box over to our tank. Thinking of Petco, my wife tries to keep me away from the salt water section because I'm always trying to rescue a new creature. Like one time I saw a scooter blenny in one of their tanks half starved, and brought him home. He's happy and fat right now, months later, but nobody had a clue as to what they survive on. I also saved a nice yellow tang who shared a tank with some damsels feeding on a dead fish. Petco should be ashamed!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I just got two of these little guys in with my TBS live rock today! I got a spider decorator crab and a red (at least I think he's red under all his decor) decorator. They're SO cool! :headbang2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store