kill snails,once and for ever

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
ok my tank is now cover in snails:mad2:, the water temp:eek3:. is really an ideas for them to grow and reproduce really fast.:wall:
and here is my plan to get rid of the snail once and kill them for ever.:help:
fist, i'll move my discus,angels,rams,cories,and other fish i have in my 55 gal in to a 20 long(just for now):grinyes:
then i'll take the water level down to 1/2 of the tank, and then go buy this snail killer that wont harm plants and fish,and add that in my water, and wait about 2 days,:wall:
i am not sure how to kill the eggs,:mad2: and the solution will work very well:mad2:
so i need alot of advise on how to get rid of the snail for ever, kills the eggs,babies, and the snails:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:
please help me, give me all the advice you have/know and all the tricks, please and thank you,

sincerity, Temo

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Omet, I don't like your plan to be honest. Instead of doing all this which is, in my opinion, very stressful to the fish, how about doing plenty of water changes and regulating your food rations? You should realize by now abundance of food supply is the main cause of population explosion. Snails aren't exactly problematic and are nothing to be alarmed for.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
do what many have said. put some lettuce in a jar, lay jar on the bottom of the tank.... in the morning take snails out. use some forms of veggies in the jar :) have you ried this yet? can you just pick them out ( the ones big enough) and feed to your fish??

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
well, my mom want to get rid of them all , or i cant keep fish anymore
and my tank is cover in plants, so i think the jar thing wont work, and i do alot of water changes. 75% everyday, i feed my fish 3 time a day, and each time i feed them just a wee bit, not even enought to make them fat,the food never touch the flour, or even make it to the middle of the tank,

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
hum, they are every where, and if i do what you told me, it wont work, cause therere will be eggs, and really small babies, and most of them are the breeders

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
well, my mom want to get rid of them all , or i cant keep fish anymore
Why would she want you to? Simply manually pick them up and try to regulate feeding. Explain to her that snails aren't really that bad and their population can be regulated. Either way, you are doing too much trouble over snails for nothing. Your fish will simply end up in worse state from being moving.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
hum, they are every where, and if i do what you told me, it wont work, cause therere will be eggs, and really small babies, and most of them are the breeders
You cannot completely eliminate all snails. Yes, there will be snail eggs but as Mg had put it, throw out your biggest snails there is. Pull out as many as you can find. The use of chemicals to kill all snails is more disastrous than just picking them all up and controlling food supply.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store