When it's time to stay home...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
WOW!!! That was just nuts!:eek:

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
and it all comes down to what the video said, untrained drivers and their overconfidence in 4wd.

that, and improperly prepared cars (ie. tires, etc)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
and it all comes down to what the video said, untrained drivers and their overconfidence in 4wd.

that, and improperly prepared cars (ie. tires, etc)
You put it a lot nicer than I would have.. But you are right. And even around here where snow is common, compacted snow even more common it takes people a while to "get used" to winter driving conditions again. Just because its a 4x4 doesn't mean its safe on the ice.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
:rofl: haha

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Before passing judgement, know that this footage is from a single hour of traffic in a long Russian tunnel, that passes under a river, and that it's winter, and that sometimes a little water leaks onto the roadway and, when it gets to be -40 or -40°, it freezes

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
why do i feel like i should have heard ..da da da da da....da da... da da...da dadadadaa ..da da ..dada....lmao...

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Before passing judgement, know that this footage is from a single hour of traffic in a long Russian tunnel, that passes under a river, and that it's winter, and that sometimes a little water leaks onto the roadway and, when it gets to be -40 or -40°, it freezes
You have to love black ice.. you can hardly see it and it causes more roll overs and crashes than any other ice that I have seen. Most people just roll along thinking there is nothing wrong until they hit a patch of this stuff and then start spinning out of control.

The best thing you can do is remove your foot from the accelerator and DON'T touch the break pad at all. And trust me ABS breaks don't help, in fact I think they are worse in these situations quite honestly.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
You have to love black ice.. you can hardly see it and it causes more roll overs and crashes than any other ice that I have seen. Most people just roll along thinking there is nothing wrong until they hit a patch of this stuff and then start spinning out of control.

The best thing you can do is remove your foot from the accelerator and DON'T touch the break pad at all. And trust me ABS breaks don't help, in fact I think they are worse in these situations quite honestly.
Yep!! It kills me how ppl will slam on there brakes all your gonna do is slide and loose control of the car...then on top of that they will not only hit the breaks but turn the wheel the opposite way of the way they are sliding causing themselves to slide even more!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store