Overflow/return pump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
So since the guy isn't ordering my rock and stuff until next week, I figure I may try and get the overflow/return pump.....

This is the brand I am getting.http://www.lifereef.com/siphon.html as far as the overflow....I need to know which would be best for my tank, then about the return pump....I didn't remember which brand it was that Grins and Clown recommended, or should I just get it from the same place...then the question about it is...what am I looking for?

I am going to work right now so I wont be able to respond until later, but these would be the last things I need to order for my sump...well besides the sand, rubble, cheto (MS) and what ever else goes in it...

BTW, for those who do not know/remember it is a 55g tank, have the octopus recirc 110 on the way.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I don't hear my mag either, but I have fine tuned my system so the only thing you hear are those darn ballasts from my hamilton tech lights.. But thats going to change when I get those 250 ice caps into the canopy.. Those puppies are so silent..

But the big seller for me is the heat factor. I honestly don't notice it with my mag and this winter the tank has been at a stead 77.8 degrees and have only been able to go on what I have been told...

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Thanks guys!!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I use a Rio 17HF. Its decent, but actually pushes too much flow (trying to get 800+gph through a 1" overflow drain = lots of noise and bubbles). I'm going to use that for a closed loop system and probably get an Eheim 1250 or something like that...whatever the one is that does about 300-350gph.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ok, as for the overflow box...I am going to to with the lifereef...I just need to make sure on something, for my tank I am wanting the one that has Flow rate up to 600 gph right??

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store