Convicts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cap1384

AC Members
Nov 19, 2007
Hemet
Hi,
I have a question about convicts. Mine will not go to the top for food. It does not matter what I feed. It will only eat out of the lower middle or bottom. Is this normal for convicts?

crazycanuck

The quitter never wins
Mar 10, 2008
ontario,canada
yup completly normal :)

bellazeus

AC Members
Feb 7, 2008
Australia
Give it time... my boyfriend had his convict for two years in a crowded tank and he was going to flush it cos he complained he never saw it ...yes he is a moron :)... so i took it.. within 3 weeks it would come flying out when ever it saw me and do an oscar like food happy dance. once they feel safe.. they will come out :)

Fishy_Fun

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Oregon
Give it time... my boyfriend had his convict for two years in a crowded tank and he was going to flush it cos he complained he never saw it ...yes he is a moron :)... so i took it.. within 3 weeks it would come flying out when ever it saw me and do an oscar like food happy dance. once they feel safe.. they will come out :)
i have to totally agree.if fish feel crowded or threatened they will not act the same as they would without these things bothering them.

cromley

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
i have 3 convicts in with my JDs and they all come to the top for feeding

i am curious how to determine the sex of my convicts though, i have read contradicting info on this so if someone can let me know that would be great

yogias

www.justgiving.com/susanmoseley
Jan 23, 2007
West Wales, UK
i have 3 convicts in with my JDs and they all come to the top for feeding

i am curious how to determine the sex of my convicts though, i have read contradicting info on this so if someone can let me know that would be great
female cons will have orange spotting on their bellies. This is more evident when they are in the mood for lurrrve

Marxman187

AC Members
Feb 13, 2008
is it also normal for jack dempseys to not eat off the top because he is not shy anymore but still has never eaten from the surface

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store