quarintine tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skip_16157

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Beaver Falls, PA
yahoo.com
I have a percule clown that I noticed had ich. I setup a 10 gal tank to treat it in. I am using copper, vitamin C and feeding him with garlic. How long do I have to keep it in here after I notice that the ich is gone. Also do I have to tear this tank down since I treated it for ich? Can I reuse if for future treatments and to keep a new fish in until it appears to be healthy, or do I have to replace it with new water?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The medications and such can easily be removed by running carbon for a few days. As long as you feed the bacteria in some way (ie, add a small peice of shrimp every now and then, or some ammonia), you can keep it up and running for future use. Be careful not to ever put an invert in there--or to move anything from there into a atank with inverts (ie, the rock, sand, decorations).

I am a firm believer in treating for 7 days of no visible signs. Sounds like a long time, but it prevents re-infection.

skip_16157

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Beaver Falls, PA
yahoo.com
Why can't I put it back in my tank with the rest of my fish and inverts after it is healed. I took it out of that tank to treat it without hurting my other fish and inverts. I guess I don't understand.

Elmo

AC Members
Dec 8, 2001
London, Ontario
You can put the Clown back into your main tank after it is healed. What OG was saying was not to put anything from the Q-tank into your main tank that may have absorbed any Copper as it will kill inverts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store