ghost shrimp think they're in the show!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
Hello, just curious about general behavior of these guys. I got about 7 of them 3 weeks ago and they were hardly ever seen, hiding in plants, caves, rocks whatever, but i noticed my tank was a lot cleaner in the process. but i hardly ever saw the little buggers, now they are constantly swimming in the front of the tank swimming up the glass, and have no fear of my fish any longer they are always out and in the open, however still doing a great job cleaning, but now they seem like they are trying to be the center of focus!!!I thought they were shy creatures? Does any one elses shrimp act like this??? My amonia is 0 nitrite 0 other fish are all peaceful

LMOUTHBASS

Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
try

to change the vase so the cork doesnt plug up the air , bettas like to come to the surface for a gulp of air, lots of people keep plants corked in there so that there is no surface space for the fish to get air, i woul keep water levels lower if you keep the plant in there, he must be a tough fish to survie this so far, hopefully she will give the fish to you so you can give him a happier life good luck!!!

LMOUTHBASS

Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
sorry

ignore my post that has nothing to do with my ghost shrimp question i put it there on accident i was replying to someone elses ??? on a different thread

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I've kept ghost shrimp and they will behave exactly like you describe unless there is an aggressive fish in the tank.
good luck
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store