Will my angelfish eat cherry shrimp?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Will my angelfish eat full grown cherry shrimp? I want to put some cherry shrimp in my 25 gallon high heavily planted tank with 2 corys, 1 angelfish, 2 Mosquito fish, and 1 male German blue ram.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Ok, thanks!! But that sucks that the angel fish will eat the cherry shrimp, I really wanted to put some in the tank.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Its not that it can't be done. I know several people with cherries in with angels. If you have areas of dense planting, some shrimp will survive and reproduce. They may not be super visible though and it would be a good idea to let them reach full size before adding them.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
agree^^

it has been done if there is plenty of hiding for the shrimp..lots of java moss helps.
but still...they will try and eat anything that fits in their mouth.

derekp

MTS Awareness Member
Nov 11, 2007
If you start out with the angel really small with cherry shrimp, it might work like discus. I started out with tiger barbs and angels small and they grew up as friends, never fighting. Im not the one to say that will 100% work though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store