Ok, more ID's please....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
So, I thought I have never posted the three little frags I got at my Reef club meeting a while back...I don't know the names of them, so if you want to let me know and tell me anything about them...please post away. I didn't really think they would do much in my tank but they are all doing fine...

This one is my fav, it actually has grown quite a bit since adding it...and scared the crud out of me when I turned the lights off and it shriveled up, I thought CRAP I killed it...but when the lights come on it perked back up and does this every night.

Now these pics have both in it..the bigger one on the bottom is usually more open then this but I had just moved it and it closed up some was just re-opening when I got the shots. The third is VERY small it is on the small rock behind and to the left....

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Hmm, top kinda looks like a kenya tree coral. As you have learned, they shrink up at night and come back out during the day.

Second pic of the yellow and green things, those are zoanthids.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Thanks Ace!

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Should I be doing anything "special" for them?

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Just watch out for the kenya tree. I had one, now I have at least 20!! They grow like weeds but great for fragging and taking back to your LFS for credit!!! Some people do target feed their Zoas but I never had and mine are multiplying just fine!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
CPD He is still a baby though... But cool finds LadyG.. Are these hitch hikers you've found?

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Just watch out for the kenya tree. I had one, now I have at least 20!! They grow like weeds but great for fragging and taking back to your LFS for credit!!! Some people do target feed their Zoas but I never had and mine are multiplying just fine!
OK thank you!
CPD He is still a baby though... But cool finds LadyG.. Are these hitch hikers you've found?
CPD??? No, they were not hitch hikers....when I went to that reef club meeting some of the guys had brought frags and gave one to everyone there, each one is from a different person.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
CPD = catpicklesdog .. took me a few mins first time I saw that to figure out what it was as well.
LOL, Ok.....I see Thanks, had me slightly confused!!!:perv:

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
LOL, Ok.....I see Thanks, had me slightly confused!!!:perv:
Man and I didn't even have to try that hard :lipssealedsmilie: ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store