Golden/Yellow damsel with Clowns?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alpha123

Return to the sea '08
Mar 18, 2008
Houston
A small Golden/Yellow damsel is breaking in my new tank (3 wks, LR, 30G). Dude is cute! I am going to put in a couple of Percula clowns when the tank mature. What is my chance that they will co-exist? 50%? 20%?

Are True Percula clown more aggressive than False Percula? I want them to be tough enough to fence off the damsel.

yellow damsel shapes like a yellow tail blue damsel, I hope it behaves like one. Anyone keep it before?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I think a Maroon clown is your best bet to defend against a damsel. Otherwise you would either need an anemone for clowns to hide in or get rid of the damsel. I tried a damsel once with my maroon and while it didn't mess with the maroon, it sure went after every other tankmate with a vengence. 30G is just too small of an area for a damsel and other less agressive fish. There is always exceptions to the rule but I say chances of a percula vs a damsel are about 30% survival for the clown. Just a wild guess though.

alpha123

Return to the sea '08
Mar 18, 2008
Houston
Thanks, may be I will get a tomato. Which is actually my favorite clown.

alpha123

Return to the sea '08
Mar 18, 2008
Houston
Too bad clowns don't get along, or I would have 1 of each. They will be like forming a circuit in the tank. Imagine that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store