SHRIMPS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
Okay, so I dove into to world of inverts today when I purchased 10 ghost shrimp for my tanks.

I'm loving these guys already! Any tips on keeping them healthy and frisky?

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
No tips at all! (I'm useless). I just dipped lat week with red crystals and then got 3 flower shrimp today for my other tank. Very cool.

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
yer they should be safe from the smaller fish, well the lager shrimp not fry. as long as there is ample plants or hiding places i shouldnt see a problem with the small fish.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Ghosties are fun to watch when feeding live foods. They're really vicious compared to crystals, cherries and amanos. I love watching my go for tubifex worms. They will also chase after brine shrimp and catch them in "mid-air" (that is, if you ever feed your fish brine shrimp).

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
THey are very opportunistic feeders, they will eat just about anything you put in there for them. Good luck and enjoy! If you don't have your intake covered to the filter, you might place a sponge to protect smaller shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store