Mafia 30: Witness Protection Sign-up Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland

BIG CITY - Federal authorities fear that a wave of violence could be unleashed on the sleepy community of ACville. Upset that some of the town's residents have repeatedly fought back attempts by local crime lords to infiltrate the town, head of the Big City crime organization, Joey 'The Minnow' Gambusia, promises that the streets of ACville will run red with their blood. According to law enforcement sources planted within the organization, not even members of the local crime organization are safe. Upon learning of profit skimming by the local ACville crime syndicate, Gambusia has also threatened to 'teach those small-town hoods a lesson.'

Citizens are advised against traveling to ACville, and residents of the community are urged to leave immediately. Those choosing to remain should use extreme caution, and take necessary precautions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Unaware as to who, in particular, is at risk, the mayor of ACville has decided that all residents will assume alternate identities until this threat against the town has passed. While this should help to keep the innocent population safe, the mayor's only concern is, that with these new identities, there's the risk that the local mafia will run unchecked through the town. Without the use of old case files and rap sheets, will the good citizens be able to beat back any mafia threat against their beloved town?

Game Mechanics

1) You may NOT reveal your alternate identity to anyone. Doing so will lead to an untimely death (UD).

a. Hinting at your true identity through any posts, signatures, or avatars is forbidden.

b. Confirming to another player who guesses at your identity is forbidden.

c. Players’ true identities will be revealed at game’s end by game moderator, so even after death please do not reveal your true identity.

2) Each game day, everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to lynch so and so.

a. You must cast a vote for each day/night cycle. You may vote to lynch ‘no one’ or yourself, if desired. If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely death.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, please state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. (I retract my vote on XXXX, and vote to lynch XXX). If you fail to retract your previous vote, the new vote will still count, however, retractions will help make counting votes easier, and are therefore greatly appreciated.

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

3) Whoever has the most votes gets eliminated. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.

a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Mayor’s Protection
Town Lynching
Doctor’s Protection
Mafia Hit
Untimely Deaths
Investigations

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use a random number generator to decide which of those gets lynched.

4) Again, if you do not vote daily, then you will die an untimely death (UD).

5) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room

6) You can claim whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' by posting any PMs received during the game (role assignment or otherwise).

7) While the use of site moderator ‘special powers’ can’t be controlled by the game moderator, using abilities not available to all players can present an unfair advantage. Site moderators are encouraged to not use such powers, and forbidden from posting any information gained through the use of such powers.

8) The Mafia wins, when they outnumber the Innocents.

9) The Innocents win when they lynch all the Mafia.

10) Do not edit your posts!

11) NO AFTER DEATH POSTS! IF YOU MUST, PLEASE KEEP THEM TO A MINIMUM!!! NO REVEALING ANY ADDITIONAL INFO!!!

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ OR THROUGH EMAIL.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread. IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A GAME. Do not take anything personally, but please keep posts within reason. Any posts that I feel are out of line could result in a removal from the game.”

Roles

The players are the townsfolk in the great city of ACville.

Some are Innocents; the remaining are Mafia; the Mafia know who each other are, and can communicate with one another.

The Mayor…can use their political power to pardon a person and save them from being lynched. While the mayor can call off more than one lynch, each person may only be pardoned one time.

The Detective...investigates the townspeople to confirm Mafia identities, find other special role players. The Detective can do one investigation each game night by PM to me and I will confirm the identity.

The Doctor...has the ability to protect one person each game night, but not themselves. They do this by sending me a PM at game nightfall of who is to be protected that night. The Doctor can only protect from mafia hits, not lynches.

The Vigilante...an innocent, can kill once per game by sending me a PM before the game night. Any investigations done on the Vigilante will be revealed as just an innocent.

The Lone Mason…at any time during the game you may PM the name of one other player that you would like to befriend. That night, I will contact the other player to let them know your intentions, and from that point forward, the two of you will be able to communicate with each other outside of the thread. Be careful, though. You could befriend a member of the Mafia! Any investigations done on the Lone Mason will be revealed as just an innocent.

The Townie…has no special powers; just a vote. They will need to use it wisely.

The Don...has total control of the Mafia and may communicate outside of the thread with their ACville Goons. They will PM me at the beginning of the night with the Mafia's choice of who gets hit. The role of your victim will only be revealed to you, but not the town. Should the Don be lynched, each of the remaining ACville Mafia Goons will have to PM the nightly kill to me, and I will break any ties. The Don will show as innocent upon investigation.

The ACville Mafia Goons…a lowly goon in the ACville Mafia. They may communicate outside of the thread with the Don and each other. Upon the Don’s lynching, each of the remaining Mafia Goons will have to PM the nightly kill to me, and I will break any ties. The role of your victim will only be revealed to you, but not the town. ACville Mafia Goons will show as Mafia upon investigation.

The Big City Goon…a member of the Gambusia crime syndicate sent to keep an eye on things in ACville. Your goal is to help the ACville Mafia take over the town, upon which, you are instructed by Joey ‘The Minnow’ Gambusia to work out a profit-sharing agreement. Through your excellent investigative skills, you know who the ACville Mafia members are. They do not know who you are, and you may not communicate with them outside of the thread. You may investigate one player nightly by PMing me, to learn their role. The Big City Goon will show as Mafia upon investigation.

I'm looking for 18-20 players, but will go with a minimum 16 players. Game won't start until next Sunday at the earliest, which should hopefully give the list plenty of time to fill. If not we'll let the thread soak a little longer.

Alternate identities have already been created, and will be provided before the game starts. Please do NOT create your own alternate identities, as you will NOT be allowed to use them. Alternate identities will be gender neutral, and assigned randomly.

Feel free to sign up in the thread, or PM me if you wish to sign up anonymously.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I can't say no to signing up for this one - if there is a slot open for me - and I promise not to UD

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I'm in

Now to try and figure a way to not give my identity away by the way I post.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I'm in!!!

Coler nice to see you back:)

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com