I've got another plant flowering, just don't know what it is.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
OK, Olive -- fess up. What are you doing to make cabomba flower? I've never had that happen.

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
co2 and lights.. black flourite.. ferts..

fish poop?

i don't know.. the live plants I've got I've only had at most for 4 months..

I'm new.

oscaremmy

Keeper of the Frogdog
Feb 27, 2008
East Central Indiana, USA
Hey...very cool - you've got green fingers!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
My guess too. You're lucky to have it flower. The closest to flowering I've had is 2 of my anubias almost flowering (1 is still trying).

Spewn

AC Members
Mar 12, 2008
Details! First, please be super-cool and find out what the kelvin rating of the bulbs you're using is. You can look on the bulbs themelsves, it's often printed there. If not, they may have some identification("GE plantgro" or something), which you can look up online.

Second, how many watts per gallon?

Third, what temperature is the tank kept at? Third-point-five; Does the temperature change much throughout the day?

Fourth; What's your photoperiod?(How many hours are the lights on/off each day)

Those are the things that will determine whether or not a plant flowers. Some plants flower based on a change in light schedule; The later months of summer and early fall months give the plants less usable daylight and more darkness. Some plants use the weather; Strawberries rely on temperature and light schedule.

The light colour shouldn't *induce* flowering, but having more red light may produce more spectacular buds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store