"Mentally Challenged" Fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slicklid

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
I have a Ps. Crabro in my tank that seems... "mentally challenged" :drool: He is the biggest in the tank right now and LOVES feeding time, but all he does is swim up and down against the glass at the end of the tank... allllll day! He has no social interaction with any of the other fish in the tank. He is my least aggressive, if you can believe that. Why does he do this? He doesn't go in or around the rocks, he doesn't have a territory, he doesn't fight or squabble. He eats a ton but then returns to the glass.

Normal? Weird!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
get a female if he is a male, and that might make him act normal because he has a girl to impress and it might make him defencive becasue he has to fend of other fish, i had this problem with one of my checordbord cichlids

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
mine too - again, for a about a week or so; I wouldn't worry about him.

personally I wouldn't add the 3 females necessary - they're big aggressive mbuna and 1 is plenty in a 55g; keep an eye on him, they can be jerks !

Preeths

AC Members
Jan 15, 2008
He probably sees his reflection on the glass and is trying to get at his reflection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store