Yo-yo loaches and clown loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pl2112

Registered Member
Feb 13, 2007
I have a Yo Yo and a Clown loach in a 190 litre tank, both about 5cm. They have been together for just over a year now with no particular problems. The Yo Yo often chases the clown loach around but doesn't seem to do anything other than chase. I have plenty of hiding places so the clown can get away if he wants.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
You'll need to keep no less than 3 for each loach species. They should never be deprived of the company of their own members.

newbeestl

AC Members
Sep 19, 2005
You'll need to keep no less than 3 for each loach species. They should never be deprived of the company of their own members.
I've always heard that so I got 3 yoyo's and they pretty much hate each other. They seem very healthy and content, but they don't stay together. As a matter of fact, it seems like they avoid each other. :confused:

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
I've always heard that so I got 3 yoyo's and they pretty much hate each other. They seem very healthy and content, but they don't stay together. As a matter of fact, it seems like they avoid each other. :confused:
I really disagree with this notion of keeping 3 botia loaches, or that being the "minimum". I would consider a group of 5-7 to be far more appropriate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store