20 Gal Need Stockin Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hey I got a 20gal aquariums its already established its a 20gal high tank. I currently got 2 albino gibbicep pleco's and a bolivian ram in there I am gonna sell my plecos so was wonderin what kind of fish could i put in there as far as maybe some small peaceful cichlids or pleco's that well wont outgrow the aquarium.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Another Bolivian or replace them with a trio of blue rams or apistogrammas. There are plenty of small pleco species. Look for ones that won't exceed 5 inches. Bristlenose plecs, Panaque maccus and a few others make fine additions. Your dithers would be either rasboras or tetras. I prefer black phantom tetras, green fire tetras or Kerri tetras.:)

lymabean

They're after me lucky charms!
Dec 26, 2007
Long Island, New York
yeah, what he said.. I'd go for some shrimp if you can handle the upkeep, and livebearers of some sort. Also...Get a clown pleco (panaque maccus) like me. Imo they are nicer than the bn or any other dwarf ive seen.

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
I actually was planning a cichlid tank for a 20g... here's some that would work:
African Butterfly Cichlid

Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid

Banded Dwarf Cichlid

Borelli's Dwarf Cichlid

Boulenger's Cichlid

Brichardi Cichlid

Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid

Egyptian Mouthbrooder

Fairy Cichlid

Golden Dwarf Cichlid

Keyhole Cichlid

Kribensis

Macmaster's Dwarf Cichlid

Multifasciatus Dwarf Cichlid

Ocellated Lamprologus

Orange Chromide

Panda Dwarf Cichlid

Plain Goby Cichlid

Ram Cichlid

Redbreast Acara

Roloff's Kribensis

Steindachner's Dwarf Cichlid

Striped Goby Cichlid

Temporalis Cichlid

Toae Cichlid

Three-Striped Dwarf Cichlid

Two-Banded Cichlid

Checkerboard Cichlid

Nudiceps Cichlid

All of these have a profile (except Nudiceps) on AC, so you can look them up. They are all peaceful but some are not community cichlids.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
A 20g can allow you only one species of cichlid. Choose only one. It'd be apistos for me or a colony of dwarf Neolamprologus (not the brichardi).

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
One more bolivian to have a pair and add a nice school of 8-10 smaller tetras. I like penguin or rummynose tetras or brilliant rasboras. :)

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
The panaque maccus sounds good ive seen appisto's awhile back that looked interestin. Are there any other smaller pleco's ide be able to choose from??? Also I dont care for bristlenose plecos either only one ive ever thought bout getting was a starlight i think its called. Would the pleco be harmful to a breedin pair of appisto's??? Oh and PBM...... I wont do the happy betta thing lol sorry im not to good with planted aquariums. Thanks for all the info.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
The panaque maccus sounds good ive seen appisto's awhile back that looked interestin. Are there any other smaller pleco's ide be able to choose from??? Also I dont care for bristlenose plecos either only one ive ever thought bout getting was a starlight i think its called. Would the pleco be harmful to a breedin pair of appisto's??? Oh and PBM...... I wont do the happy betta thing lol sorry im not to good with planted aquariums. Thanks for all the info.
Plecos won't really harm the apistos if they breed but they may try stealing the eggs.

There are plenty of plecos to look for. Here's a good resource.;)
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/family.php?family_id=4

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store