Blue Rams and Golden Dwarfs Pics need to know if they male or female

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I don't know the dwarfs but I can give you some pointers on sexing the rams. the picts are not close or clear enough for me to tell and they look young as well which makes it harder. any way the first few rays on the dorsal fin become one way to tell.
the males second ray will be the same or close to the sam hight as the third but the female's second ray will be half the hight of the third.

there are other ways to tell but most depend on the fish being adult or in breeding coloring.. males dorsal fins are more likely to be pointed at the rear, regular blue ram females tend to have more black on them and the females will be red around the belly when she is in breeding form

but I will have to say that you just have to develop an idea of what they are over a period of time especially if they are very young

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
i cannot tell bkuz they are too young for me, and the pics are not totally clear.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store