How can I tell if my Kribs are a pair?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dilhcic

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
hey everyone,

About a month ago i posted a thread about my kribs. Well since then my male killed my female, I have introduced another female to the tank now. At first the male was quite aggressive to her but now he isn't aggressive at all and they seem to be getting quite friendly.
Lately I have been feeding them some live food (black worms) along with the usual flake and they both seem very happy. I have noticed they are becoming increasingly aggressive to the rosy barbs i have in there with them..and I have a feeling they might be forming a pair and could be preparing to spawn.

My question is what kind of behaviour should I be looking for if they really are thinking of spawning or becoming a breeding pair? Is there any tell tail signs? Or anything that might give me a clue...
thanks alot in advance!

Miguel

fan of the apistos
Feb 27, 2004
Montgomery MN
Visit site
My Kribs hang out in one area when they are ready to spawn and defend it well. If they are aggressive towards the Barbs it could be that they already spawned and are guarding the eggs. Watch them closely, if they haven't spawned yet they should be soon.

dilhcic

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
Thanks Miguel!
I will keep watching them closely, their not being really aggressive just a bit of a chase or harmless nip at the tail of the barbs..the barbs are very quick.
However my kribs do tend to lurk in the same area of the tank alot..im feeling confident they might spawn soon :headbang2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store