Just picked up some new plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFanatic

AC Members
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
I hope you have a hi tech tank...
Nope. I have a single light bulb and no C02. Done well so far. They will be in this tank. The pics are before I pulled a bunch of plants out and then a few minutes after. The latter is a little cloudy from the process.

55.jpg 55 2-4-2008.jpg

TheFanatic

AC Members
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
:bowing: you are growing these beautiful plants under 1 bulb? what kind is it? :cool-1:
The bulb is a T-8. The real trick here though is that the tank is in a room that faces east. It doesn't get direct light, but it gets a lot of natural light. For a while I had a wicked Hair Algae problem for a while when I neglected the tank and wasn't doing a lot of water changes. Bought a couple SAE's and started doing WC's every other week and adding Kent Fert and everything has gone nuts. The Amazon on the left is the parent of about half of my swords.

TheFanatic

AC Members
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
I tried the "baby breath?" awhile back. It died with good lighting/no C02. The others I like but don't know. Someone here will.
I think Dwarf Baby Tears is the name. Baby's Breath is that stuff that comes with roses.

I've read that C02 isn't required but a plus. We'll see....I'm not going the C02 route so I will just see what lives and what doesn't. What doesn't I don't buy again....

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
I think Dwarf Baby Tears is the name. Baby's Breath is that stuff that comes with roses.

I've read that C02 isn't required but a plus. We'll see....I'm not going the C02 route so I will just see what lives and what doesn't. What doesn't I don't buy again....
I love your attitude! That's probably why everything does so well in your tank. I just started a 30 gallon planted that is in a room that gets a lot of natural light. I have 2 T5 bulbs, 78 watts total with no CO2. I pray everytime I put the lights on that all my plants are okay. By the way your tank is a beauty. Good luck. Keep us posted on the new plants.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
I think that plant with the tiny leaves is called "glosstigma" or something similar. I could be wrong but it resembles it.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Smallest plant is HC.

http://www.aquatic-eden.com/2006/09/hemianthus-callitrichoides.html

With hight light and co2, it's used to make a nice lawn. In these conditions it won't grow taller than 2 or 3" and will be quite bushy and full. Without high light and co2, it'll grow tall, 5,6, maybe 7" and be leggy and thin.

The medium sized plant *could* be an anubias, perhaps var. petite. I don't think it is, but, again, *could* be.

Don't know about the taller plant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store