CO2 Injection Kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
I pondered on buying one of these kits and wondered was it worth them money and I can honestly say I'm sold...

Only two days after getting it to actually work (The stuff that came with it was useless so made my own homemade mix) it is fab....

Already I have had a plant literally come back from the dead.....I have little green shoots all over it so if nothing else it solved that problem.

The plants that were doing okay have shot up like demons.....

The pics are before & after....

Note the little plant on the left...... It was all but dead.... note the little shoots coming out of the top.....

IMG_4868.jpg IMG_5100.jpg

bamosherjr

I just like fish and web design!!!
What did you do to make your own mix? I was having the same problem and went out and bought a Red Sea CO2 system, the plants are doing better, but its not making my plants spread fast enough. What stuff did you put in your CO2 system?

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
I put in

3/4 tsp Yeast
1 tsp bicarb
Sugar

Within 10 mins i had bubbles..... waited for 2.5 days with the kit stuff no joy gave up made my own..... Works a treat..... Can't believe the difference in couple of days...

bamosherjr

How big is the catridge that it is in? How water does it hold? and what do you mean by bicarb?

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
Bicarb...= Bicarbonate Soda....Due to living in Scotland have very soft water...

The cannister doesn't hold much but I am gonna make another canister (out of kids juice flask) and link the two together to get a better effect.....

However right now I am getting loadsa bubbles so it is working pretty well....

What you mean catridge..... Don't have a catridge in mine......

bamosherjr

O okay, I am in California, so I might use just water. I need to change out the stuff anyways. By canister I meant the container that is holding all your mixture in it. I wonder if I can get bicarb here in the states.

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
Gotcha.... you probably wont need the bicarb as you guys in the US generally have harder water so that solves that prob...

The canister holds around 1 Litre of water approx... But you only use about a third of that water in practice....maybe even less!!!!!!!

The yeast method works well most stores stock the stuff or supermarkets.... Make sure you get the right amount of sugar in first then add your yeast then add lukewarm water and stir well to start the process.....

Put back the air-tight lid and within 10 mins to 2 hours you should have some sort of reaction....

Also watch your PH level it does tend to drop but I haven't had too many probs as it dropped from 7.2 too 7.0 so not a problem really...

baggage

baggage
Feb 28, 2008
calgary ab. canada
i have nutrafin system and used the mix took two to three hours to work have so many bubbles needed to put needle valve in line to control you must have got old stock for the other person bicarb is bakeing soda hows the weather going to be there in edinburgh in june

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store