Continuous RAOK!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

saganco

RIP my precious kitty baby
Oct 29, 2006
Colorado
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1381535#post1381535
RAOK discussion thread

any questions post there. leave this for offers and accepting offers.

Continuous RAOK!

Ok this is an idea that is going on on another forum I'm on so I’m going to go ahead and post it and see what happens!

How it works-

I am going to post a free item (you just pay shipping) then the first person to reply with another free item of comparable worth/usefullness/demand gets my free item.

Then the item that my RAOK winner posted is next in line. Someone replies with another free item and gets the last listed raok item.

So basically it’s trading FORWARD. Only posts here on the thread count - PM's of offers will not count because they can't be kept up with by the entire group.

Additions are also welcome, if you want to add to a RAOK item currently up for grabs post here and send it to the winner.

So basically it works like this- in order for an act of kindness to fall upon you, you must also offer an act of kindness yourself.

Seems pretty cool to me! If this doesn't take off, oh well. I thought it would be fun to try it out here as well!!! This works via the honor system… It would be cool if this forum had a rating "feedback" system in place like some forums do (hint hint mods...!).

My item: 12 Cryptocoryne wendtii red with shipping of $6.50 priority ($2.00 for a heat pack if needed).

Now if you want this - post what you are willing to give for free to another member! PM me your address and I'll reply with my paypal for shipping $6.50

So, you post something up for grabs when you are interested in the last item posted. Sound fair? Then the person who wants your item posts what they have to offer on the post that you say you want the previous item. Then they pay you for the shipping on the item you posted. Understand?

Last edited by a moderator:

StereoKills

Hey intern, get me a Campari.
Sep 10, 2007
Ithaca, NY
I love this thread over on Planted Tank.

I'll take your offer and put up 15 Red Cherry Shrimp. Shipping $6 +$2 for a heat pack.

saganco

Oct 29, 2006
Colorado
But heres another thing that might come to be an issue.. PlantedTank has planted stuff and only fw stuff.. this forum has fw/bw/sw.. some group will feel excluded..
I don't understand why anyone would feel excluded if any and all aquaria related items are offered. If something is offered that doesn't interest you, you just wait till something does. I think every group can be represented well enough if this thread is being participated in well enough.

After thinking it over - I agree with both of you - I had some mental images of some really strange "non aquaria" items being offered and totally stopping the entire forward motion here!

Ok, to recap - the current offer on the table is:
A portion of pennywort, gymnocoronis and a moss ball by Bk828

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
wouldnt it make more sense for the offerer to pay shipping and then when their offer is taken up they pay for that shipping. it would be easier and safer. although it would only work with people living in the same region...
In the end its kind of the same, whether you pay previous person to ship the package to you or if you pay for the shipping for the person ahead of you.. It still will be money out of your pocket ranging from $5 to $9+(depending on item) I dont really see how its safer or easier. I have participated in a similar RAOK on another board and it works smoothly there the way it is.

Current offer is:
A portion of pennywort, gymnocoronis and a moss ball by Bk828

saganco

Oct 29, 2006
Colorado
I agree fully. Though we've never had any issues I know of over at the Planted Tank forum, it "could" happen anywhere. Good insurance for the continuous RAOK - less chance of anything bottling up the works here on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store