Need to catch a pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crudnugget

AC Members
Sep 23, 2007
I started out with a small (~1 or 1 1/2") BN Pleco and I was very pleased with him, he was active all day cleaning off my anubius and driftwood.

I added a Candy Stripe Pleco that was a bit bigger than my BN, and he bullied my BN all the time, chasing him and forcing him to hide. I later found my BN dead and I blame the Candy Stripe.

Now the Candy Stripe just hides all day and night and doesn't clean off any algae. I've tried catching him with my net with no luck. I want to take him back to the LFS and get another BN.

I was thinking of making a homemade trap I've seen used for saltwater fish. I'd take a 20oz soda bottle and cut off the top. Then I would flip the top over and re-attach it to the bottom of the soda bottle and put in some bait (maybe a cucumber slice or something, don't want to buy a whole bag of algae wafers just for this). I could put a little fishing weight in the bottom to help it sink down.

You guys think this would work? Or have any better advice?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store