How to catch a Damsel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
How is your Karate Kid "Crane Kick Stance" move? :lipssealedsmilie:

Seriously we found that lowering the water level and then doing it when they were sleepy worked. It was definitely an exercise in futility before that.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I had to pretty much tear my entire tank down, take out all the rocks and other fish, just to catch my damsel. I think anyone who has tried feels your pain right now. LOL

cliftonsinclair

AC Members
Sep 10, 2006
KS
I was thinking about putting a piece of krill in a big net and hoping he would swim in and I could nab him. Haven't tried yet.

shaung

reef newbie
Nov 25, 2007
ontario Canada
I tried to catch a domino damsel took me like 3 hours till finally i got upset and pulled out all my live rock he now has a home in the sump!!!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I'm trying to catch a little chalk bass and tiny 6 line wrasse. I have one rock left (out of 90lbs) in the tank and it's coming out tomorrow to get the dang things. I can only imagine a damsel. I also arm myself with 2 nets, both the biggest size I can get in my 75g tank.

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
I say take off and nuke the thing from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Kidding... have you tried the 'fish traps' that Dr F&S sell? I don't know how well it would work, but it must be better than destroying an entire tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store