Unidentified Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jhh482

Cichlid Breeder/Cool Guy
Jan 22, 2008
San Diego Area
Its actually a Bolivian Ram, 30g would be preferable, but one or two would be ok in a 20g. No, they do not need to school, they actually like to pair, 1male to 2females. Correct me if you need to. I would say 2 in a 20g max, but 3 can do well in a 30g... you can breed them too, they are hardier than German Blues - and bigger.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Its actually a Bolivian Ram, 30g would be preferable, but one or two would be ok in a 20g. No, they do not need to school, they actually like to pair, 1male to 2females. Correct me if you need to. I would say 2 in a 20g max, but 3 can do well in a 30g... you can breed them too, they are hardier than German Blues - and bigger.
Jhh, that is incorrect. The photo shown is a blue ram.

For future reference...
Blue ram-Microgeophagus ramirezi
Bolivian ram-Microgeophagus altispinosa

Conduct an internet search and both are clearly different. Minimum tank size for both is 20g. A trio of blue rams or a pair of Bolivian rams. Blue rams can reach 5-6 cm whereas Bolivians can reach 6-7 cm. Both are sensitive to water conditions although blue rams are even more sensitive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store