Neolamprologus brichardi/Neolamprologus Lelupi tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
OK, so I'm looking at starting from scratch with my cichlid tank in terms of fish kept. I currently have 1 of each of the fish mentioned in the thread title.
I've just done a little research and found they can be kept in the same tank but I cant find any info on male to female ratios.
Tank is a 50 gallon bow front so how many of each fish would you say was a good safe number of each fish to keep?

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Unless you want a species tankful of brichardi, don't allow a pair to become established. If you want to breed them, remove the leleupi and add 5 more brichardi. Then remove the extra brichardi after you have a pair, and figure out what you're going to do with hundreds of fry. Same w/the leleupi for pairing, but you can keep one or two other species with them in the tank.

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
leluepi do better in pairs not trios. You could get a few more and let them pair up, but only one pair in a 50 gsllon, the males will fight. Brichardi will take over a tank if allowed to breed. The older juvies will help protect the younger ones. Very interesting colonial behavior and worthy of a species tank. The combo would work for a while, but in the long run the leluepi will suffer at the hands of the territorial brichardi colony.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store