Help stocking my new 28G bowfront

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JJ83

AC Members
Feb 11, 2008
Vancouver, Wa
Hi all, this is my my first post on AC but I'm a long time lurker :headbang2:.

A few months back I bought a 10g, cycled the tank :) (thanks of course to all the info provided on this site), researched fish A LOT!, then after I was fully cycled slowly added stock.

Currently there is: 6 White Cloud Minnows, 1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami, and 2 Albino Cory Cats.

Well today I decided to drag my girlfriend into the LFS and strategically convince her to let me get another tank. I got my way and walked out with a nice 28G Bowfront and a Penguin 150 HOB in which is cycling now and after done will be the new home to the fish above.

So, to the questions - I plan on getting 2-3 more of the corys so they have more friends, but I need some suggestions on what else will do well with what stock I have.. I've been looking into a pair of German Blue Rams lately, would that be a good choice? Anything else?

Also, is there a good way of speeding up the cycle? The fish are still in the 10g, but can i remove the media for say an hour a day and put it in the 28g then put it back? I'm not asking for a miracle or anything, just something to help the cycle along alittle :grinyes:

Sorry for such a long winded post, and thank you all for the help you have provided for newbies such as myself.

John

JJ83

AC Members
Feb 11, 2008
Vancouver, Wa
move the filter and the fish over to the 28 gallon. it will cycle the tank and give the fish a bit more room.

after that, get 2 more corydoras and then get a school of neons or cardinals
Thanks for the help JM. Should i keep my new filter running at the same time as the established 10g filter? Also, I put pool filter sand in the 28g and it is a bit hazy right now. Should I wait for it to settle first before adding the fish?

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
I would wait before adding fish, and I would also keep your 10g's filter running on the 28g for a while, just to be on the safe side. After 2 months or so, then you can decide whether to keep it or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store