Mafia 30: Witness Protection - The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
BIG CITY - Federal authorities fear that a wave of violence could be unleashed on the sleepy community of ACville. Upset that some of the town's residents have repeatedly fought back attempts by local crime lords to infiltrate the town, head of the Big City crime organization, Joey 'The Minnow' Gambusia, promises that the streets of ACville will run red with their blood. According to law enforcement sources planted within the organization, not even members of the local crime organization are safe. Upon learning of profit skimming by the local ACville crime syndicate, Gambusia has also threatened to 'teach those small-town hoods a lesson.'
Citizens are advised against traveling to ACville, and residents of the community are urged to leave immediately. Those choosing to remain should use extreme caution, and take necessary precautions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unaware as to who, in particular, is at risk, the mayor of ACville has decided that all residents will assume alternate identities until this threat against the town has passed. While this should help to keep the innocent population safe, the mayor's only concern is that with these new identities there's the risk that the local mafia will run unchecked through the town. Without the use of old case files and rap sheets, will the good citizens be able to beat back any mafia threat against their beloved town?

Game Mechanics

1) You may NOT reveal your alternate identity to anyone. Doing so will lead to an untimely death (UD).

a. Hinting at your true identity through any posts, signatures, or avatars is forbidden.

b. Confirming to another player who guesses at your identity is forbidden.

c. Players’ true identities will be revealed at game’s end by game moderator, so even after death please do not reveal your true identity.

2) Each game day, everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to lynch so and so.

a. You must cast a vote for each day/night cycle. You may vote to lynch ‘no one’ or yourself, if desired. If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely death.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, please state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. (I retract my vote on XXXX, and vote to lynch XXX). If you fail to retract your previous vote, the new vote will still count, however, retractions will help make counting votes easier, and are therefore greatly appreciated.

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

3) Whoever has the most votes gets eliminated. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.

a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Vigilante Hit
Mayor’s Protection
Town Lynching
Doctor’s Protection
Mafia Hit
Untimely Deaths
Investigations

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use a random number generator to decide which of those gets lynched.

4) Again, if you do not vote daily, then you will die an untimely death (UD).

5) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room

6) You can claim whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' by posting any PMs received during the game (role assignment or otherwise).

7) While the use of site moderator ‘special powers’ can’t be controlled by the game moderator, using abilities not available to all players can present an unfair advantage. The use of such powers is strongly discouraged, and posting any information gained through their use is forbidden.

8) The Mafia wins, when they outnumber the Innocents.

9) The Innocents win when they lynch all the Mafia.

10) Do not edit your posts!

11) NO AFTER DEATH POSTS! IF YOU MUST, PLEASE KEEP THEM TO A MINIMUM!!! NO REVEALING ANY ADDITIONAL INFO!!!

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ OR THROUGH EMAIL.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread. IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A GAME. Do not take anything personally, but please keep posts within reason. Any posts that I feel are out of line could result in a removal from the game.

Roles

The players are the townsfolk in the great city of ACville.

Some are Innocents; the remaining are Mafia; the Mafia know who each other are, and can communicate with one another.

1 player received the following PM
Mayor
You are the Mayor of ACville. You may use your political power to pardon a person and save them from being lynched. Before night falls in a given day/night cycle, PM/email to me the name of an individual you would like to pardon, and they will be safe from that night’s lynch. You may only pardon each person once, or else the town may revolt against you.
Detective
You are the Detective. You use your scum-hunting and investigative skills to deduce who is Mafia and who is innocent. Before night falls in a given day/night cycle, PM/email to me the name of an individual you would like to investigate. You will receive the results of your investigation after the night has been run.
Doctor
You are the Doctor of ACville. You may use your healing powers to protect an individual from being killed at night by the Mafia. Before night falls in a given day/night cycle, PM/email to me the name of an individual you would like to protect, and they will be safe from that night’s Mafia hit. You may not protect an individual from being lynched, a vigilante hit, or an untimely death (UD). Due to your selfless nature, you’re often willing to risk your own life in order to save that of others…therefore, you may not protect yourself.
Lone Mason
You are the Lone Mason. At any time during the game, you may PM/email, to me, the name of one other player that you would like to befriend. That night, I will contact the other player to let them know your intention, and from that point forward, the two of you will be able to communicate with each other outside of the thread. Be careful, though…you could befriend a member of the Mafia! Any investigations done on you will yield a ‘Townie’ result.
Vigilante
You are the Vigilante. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and you’ve decided to take things into your own hands. One time, in an attempt to rid ACville of this Mafia scum, you may kill any other player by sending me a PM/email with their name, before night falls. Any investigations done on you will yield a ‘Townie’ result.
8 players received the following PM
Townie
You are a Townie in the great town of ACville. You have no special powers; only your brain and your vote. To rid your town of the Mafia threat, you will need to use them wisely.
Don
You are the Don of the ACville Mafia. You have total control of the ACville Mafia, and may communicate with your ACville Goons outside of the thread. Before night falls in each day/night cycle, you will PM/email to me the name of the individual you would like to kill or ‘hit’. The role of your victim will only be revealed to the Mafia, and not to the town. Upon investigation by the detective, your role will show as ‘Townie’.
2 players received the following PM
ACville Mafia Goon
You are an ACville Mafia Goon. You’re just a lowly Goon, but may communicate outside of the thread with the Don and other ACville Mafia Goons. Upon the Don’s lynching, each of the remaining Mafia Goons will need to PM/email to me the name of the individual they would like to kill or ‘hit,’ before each nightfall. I will break any ties. The role of your victim will only be revealed to the Mafia, and not to the town. Upon investigation by the detective, your role will show as ‘Mafia’.
Big City Mafia Goon
You are the Big City Mafia Goon. You are a Mafia Goon from the Gambusia crime syndicate, sent to keep an eye on things in ACville. Your goal is to help the ACville Mafia take over the town. Through your excellent investigative skills, you know that the ACville mafia members are Player X, Player Y, and Player Z. They do not know your role, and you may NOT communicate with them outside of the thread. You may use your investigative skills to determine who poses the greatest threat to the Mafia’s plans. Before night falls in a given day/night cycle, PM/email to me the name of an individual you would like to investigate. You will receive the results of your investigation after the night has been run. Upon investigation by the detective, your role will show as ‘Mafia’. In the event that all members of the ACville Mafia are lynched (and you are still alive), you will be responsible for calling in the nightly Mafia hit.

The Players

BadHaggis
C-note
Doomsday998
Driver8
Gunslinger
Hammerhead 991
HI IQ
maelstrom
narwhal
Old3Toes
RICKETS
scoop411
Tiburon321
Tree_Hugger
UhOhChongo
wing nut
xx_Nemesis_xx

Roles and alternate IDs have been randomly assigned.

Anyone needing to contact me can do so via PM or email at madcrawdad@gmail.com

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Day dawns on the sleepy town of ACville, a charming hamlet nestled comfortably among the Eheim Mountains. Someone just passing through might believe life to be perfect for those living in such a seemingly quaint community. They would be wrong.

Things have been hard in ACville over the past year or so. Unscrupulous characters, seeking to exploit the good nature of the town’s inhabitants, have attempted to overtake the town, time and time again.

While good natured the people of ACville are, pushovers they aren’t. As quickly as the villains appeared, this hardworking community stood shoulder to shoulder, and usually sent them packing pretty quickly.

This time seems different, though. The ‘big boys’ from out of town have targeted the town, and folks have seemingly gone into hiding. This may be the town’s toughest challenge yet. Can they save their town yet again?

Game on! Nightfall on Tuesday at 8:00 CDT

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
lol, mad, you sure like using the word "town "
lol, mad is a good "townie" and sticks in the craw of the bad guys when he is innocent.

now where is everyone? wonder if the bad guys are gonna lay low or if their alter id's are gonna give them the guts to come out in the open more.

[AC] Old3Toes

Prehistoric
Mar 20, 2008
ACville, 65 mya
Old3Toes wanders back into town. He's been gone a while and wonders how his old neighborhood is fairing. He grabs the morning paper. What's this crap about mafia in my town, he thinks. We'll just have to see about that.

Hi guys.

So, any mafia want to go ahed and out themselves now?

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Yeah, this should prove to be an very interesting and entertaining game!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store