Xenia Display Refugium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
Woohoo! The 29g secondary refugium is running. Well, I couldn't wait till Wednesday for club salt order to come in so I scooted to Deathco and picked up a small jug of Oceanic and worked until 7am getting it all working.

It has a BiColor Blenny in it now and I'm considering getting a pair of Picasso Clowns for it. Primarily, I want all the rock to eventually be totally covered in Pulsing Xenia.

strangerdejavu

AC Members
Sep 22, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
I'm wanting to do something very similar! What I'd like to do, though, is get some shelf rock and get multiple shelves of xenia. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out!

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
For something that grows and spreads like a weed, no one in the club close by seems to have any. Just a bunch of SPS freaks around here! I might have to wait till the club meets at the end of the month. 2 people that live about 50-75 miles away are going to bring some to Memphis.

I did check my nitrates for the first time in a long time and they are at 5ppm. I guess my sandbeds and macro have been doing pretty good.

Does GFO have an effect on nitrates as well as phosphates?

I also wonder how well Xenia will grow with 5ppm of Nitrates?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store