What is the usual growth rate of

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Angels.
how long does it take for them to reach maximum size. I have one that I got in the beginning of August at a quarter size and now just over 4 months later it is reached just over 2 inches body length. Part of why I am wondering is that when I got the angel it was really skinny, almost emaciated. I had a tank with a bloom of those tinny white worms that he stuffed himself on for the first few days. I was wondering if being that starved would stunt his growth and how much bigger he would get and how long that would take.

20 gal, 1 angel, 1 zebra danio, 3 serpae tetras, 1 otto and 2 dwarf loaches. lightly planted with an Eclipse hood bio wheel in

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
It may stunt growth a little but angels are hardy. It takes about one year to reach full grown.

inxs

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Litchfield, CT
www.picturetrail.com
Measuring angels can be deciving as bodysize vs nose to tail vs top to bottom tip are all different and often used.

I generally measure top to bottom.

Your growthrate will depend on several things: diet, tanksize, waterchanges and genetics.

I had angels grow from 2" to 7" in 5 months while one or two stayed at 2.5". That's genetics.

They started to breed at 2.5".

If you feed mosquito larva, fairy shrimp, earthworms, daphnia mixed with good enriched dry food it will ensure good and healthy growth.

As many cichlids excrete a hormone to inhibit the growth of others around it and dirty water is not good for health anyway , the growth will further increase with many large waterchanges with good quality water.

Ample swimingroom and structure will ensure proper excercise and absence of stress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store