Paradise Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ProAquatics

Java craving
Mar 6, 2008
Lake Chabot
yea should be fine might have a little conflict here and there nothing bad

have some plants for hiding if needed

ProAquatics

Java craving
Mar 6, 2008
Lake Chabot
they do just as good in tropical conditions

i would just be worried about their aggression

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
I had a male Paradise and a male Bolivian Ram in a 20g tropical set-up and they got along pretty well. The paradise spent most of the time at the top and bolivian at the bottom, sometimes when they encountered eachother there would be a bit of flaring of fins, bit of aggression but nothing major. They pretty much just avoided eachother. Basically aggression is a possibility, but if you want both types of fish then give it a go.

Paradise fish are from Asia so they are a tropical fish, they are however a very hardy species and can handle lower water temperatures (suited to temperate tanks aswell).

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I had a male Paradise and a male Bolivian Ram in a 20g tropical set-up and they got along pretty well. The paradise spent most of the time at the top and bolivian at the bottom, sometimes when they encountered eachother there would be a bit of flaring of fins, bit of aggression but nothing major. They pretty much just avoided eachother. Basically aggression is a possibility, but if you want both types of fish then give it a go.

Paradise fish are from Asia so they are a tropical fish, they are however a very hardy species and can handle lower water temperatures (suited to temperate tanks aswell).
:iagree:

On the other hand, not all fish that live in Asia are tropical species. If you take a look at hillstream loaches, they are coldwater to subtropical species relishing the cold environment best (though no lower than 68 degrees Fahrenheit but no higher than 76 degrees).

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Stocking depends. Paradise fish can be nasty at times but from what I have heard they seem kinda like bettas where the individual personality is key with stocking. Personally, I would have a back-up tank and give it a try.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store