Farlowella acus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
I recently saw a few of these guys at my LFS and really like them.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with them, or could tell me a little bit about them. Ideal water perams., Max size, possible tank mates etc.

I've got a 55 gal. waiting for a new top frame (should be here later this week.)

Thanks!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
Very cool. I've been reading about them on and off all day and think I'm going to design and stock my 55 around getting one in the future.

P.s. thanks for changing the title of the thread.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
What a coincidence- mine spawned last night. I have had three in my 50 gal for 2+ years now and have gotten 5 spawns to date. They always leave the eggs high up on the front glass just to make tank maint. as hard as they can. This time the outdid themselves laying 52 eggs and leaving the highest up ones a scant 1/2 inch below the top frame.

The tank is a community and contains corys, rasboras, an SAE and a whiptail cat.

As for temp, mine are in a tank that hovers between 80 and 82 and they seem to be able to handle it just fine.

Here are the 3 of them in the tank:

Here is a pic of dad with the eggs on about day 6:

Last edited:

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
wow that is amazing. how long for the eggs to hatch? how long do they protect the eggs for? what do you feed the fry? tell us all how you breed them please. this looks like something i want to try!

smyke

Oct 9, 2007
Connecticut
Real Name
Mike
I have one in my tank and its doing well. spends all his/her time on the front glass near the substrate. it definitely is a "lazy" fish.
It actually eats the algae and loves blanched zucchini.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store