fliter media choice help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JEANNE01

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
I need help. I have tetra second nature whisper hob filter for my 55 gallon tank. I do not hink the bio foam that sits in front of the bio bag is enough for bacteria growth. I was thinking of rigging it with seachem matrix in place of the bio foam. The question is I have 2 separate bio foam pieces since its the bigger filter. Should I replace just one at a time? My fear is that I will lose any aerobic bacteria that is on this flimsy piece of foam. any suggestions? I was also going to start using the PURA FILTER PADS YOU CAN CUT TO SIZE RATHER THAN THE BIO BAGS that don"t seem to trap small stuff. I know everyone says just use poly fiber ,but I don:t think they drap small debis.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
that will work i use the hbh pads fiber in a sheet and cut to size, cheaper and better than the bags look at fosters and smith and get the imagine clamshells one box per size of you filters and the fit well in the different filters then i use the cut to fit things in there after the other is gone and its reuseable, have them i n my goldy tank and work very well..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store