Cover for a Picotope

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

taku

AC Members
Sep 25, 2005
I know this is a very late response.. but I found the thread by searching and wanted future searchers to have this info.

I have a 3gallon JBL picotope with Current USA satellite 36w lighting and wanted to cut down on evaporation, so I found that a 2.5 gallon standard glass lid from petsmart fits PERFECT on the straight edges (left to right) of the picotope top... and also happened to perfectly fit between the legs of the light fixture.

Anyways, I used it on my picotope for a while but since I used the picotope as a reef tank, i had bad saltcreep on the glass and cleaned it regularly. I'm lazy, so it didn't last long, however freshwater will work great. It cut my evap in half I'd say.

Fish on :)

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Pico means really small. Like a Nano tank is about 20-10 gallons, a Pico tank is about 10-5 gallons. Then, there are Femto tanks.

taku

AC Members
Sep 25, 2005
well I have a JBL picotope 3gal... so my recommendation for that 2.5 gal glass lid for the pico is specifically for the JBL brand tank..

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
OT, but nano, pico and femto are all kind of slang words describing tanks with no real solid definition. They come from power prefixes for numbers. Nano- is 10^-9, pico- is 10^-12 and femto- is 10^-15. I.e. 1 nanometer is 10^-9m, or .000000001m.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store