Mag 350 "sleve"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, I bought a "sleve" thing for the Mag..the blue sponge thing that goes over the inside piece, well of coarse I've somehow managed to loose it...have everything else I bought..but that is missing. What I want to know is, is there anything I can substitute that with, like can I just buy some type of material or something to wrap around it, or can it work without it?

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
this is what traps the minute particles, in the filter
patsmart sell these in a 3 pak, if needed, or you can use a cheaper cut to fit pad wrap around, and use a rubber band to hold top and bottom, should work but the rubber band does breakdown in the water, so you'll need to change each month or use a piece of string thet is tied tight, you can order them from other online places cheaper than the stroes sell them for, i put them in the washer with no soap and wash out good and let dry till the next time i change the filter, i have extras by the way i have about 5 of these filters running ..

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
this is what traps the minute particles, in the filter
patsmart sell these in a 3 pak, if needed, or you can use a cheaper cut to fit pad wrap around, and use a rubber band to hold top and bottom, should work but the rubber band does breakdown in the water, so you'll need to change each month or use a piece of string thet is tied tight, you can order them from other online places cheaper than the stroes sell them for, i put them in the washer with no soap and wash out good and let dry till the next time i change the filter, i have extras by the way i have about 5 of these filters running ..
Well, I do plan to get more but I wont be making it up to the LFS anytime soon so I was just wondering if there was anything I could replace it with for the time being..just a temp. type thing, till I make it up there.

Thanks!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yep, what Dixie said does work. I use similar stuff found at yard goods stores. Even with the regular sleeves, from Mag or Rite, I use the rubber bands or long twisty ties. The sleeves would be better if they had some elastic at the top and bottom.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ok, say I buy some of that "stuffing" type stuff they have in the material department...you know the stuff that comes on rolls you buy to put between material of a quilt or something like that...would it work, if so I could run to wal-mart (staying away from the fish so I don't come home with another betta) and grab some...could get this running tonight then??

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
hey lady try a spare filter for your furnace just make sure to sew it together before you try to put it in. its the exact same material i know because i used to do industial ones just make sure that its not a treated one.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Thanks Catfish....I don't know that I have a spare filter for my furnace though...I went and bought some of that quilting stuff....so I am going to give it a try for now.

My question now though is...the media, I have ceramic ring thing and some other brown stuff (clearmax?) I also have some active carbon...do I just put it in the mag or is it suppose to go inside the filter basket thing I just put the "sleeve" around??

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
I have to eat real quick then I'll be back on and take a few pics...K, it wont take long though about 20min or so...THANKS:perv:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store